Here is a cool little article that came across my WordPress feed. It seems that this James Sama character and I are on the same page. His blog is just a tad more popular than mine. He has me beat by a mere 19,742,000 hits. I’m going to ignore what he looks like as a person in his lil head shot because he might as well be wearing a bullseye. However, I agree with him so I won’t trash him. I’m also going to pretend that I didn’t think his URL was James’ Mama at first.
Check out his article and then follow me after the jump to run down his list with my commentary because I’m a pathetic writer and don’t create content anymore.
- He values more than your looks: I like this one. He goes right into how guys always compliment different parts of a girl’s body. A true gentleman gets creative with his compliments. He keeps his lady on her toes. It goes past creative complimenting her on her hair, nails or eyes. The obvious ones are the boobs and butt, but a true gentleman will compliment her mind or spirit. He will commend her motivation or a certain personality trait he finds attractive. Girls do not always appreciate these types of compliments, however you will know you have found a good girl when she doesn’t need to be told she is beautiful every 9 seconds and would rather you take notice of her intelligence or personality.
- He will never be intimidated by your motivation: A true gentleman isn’t intimidated by motivation at all. The motivated are never intimidated by others who are motivated because the universe is fucking abundant, you guys. There is enough fame and fortune for everyone. I would kill to be with a power bitch that wants to create an unstoppable sexy-force of fashion sense, hundred-dollar bills and ab muscles. Ladies, I’m on my grind. You should be too. I’m so not intimidated that I will literally quit everything so you can be in charge. “Trophy husband” suits me as nicely as a tailored tuxedo.
- He will have more interests than you: This is a tough one for me. It really depends on if I’m “manic” or not. I like to use that term because sometimes I have a million interests. I spent 2 hours on Garage Band today playing around with loops and dreamt of being a DJ. Then afterwards I did stand up comedy, wrote this blog post and read a book. Yesterday I played video games and spent a few hours on a Game of Thrones message board while watching Dr. Who. I have tons of interests. The author says a nice quote “Relationships should be a great part of your life, not encompass your whole life.” I like that because I really dislike when I have to say no to a girl due to other priorities and she acts like I hate her because she sits at home being bored when I am not with her. I do other things. You should too.
- He will give you answers: This one is a tough one. The gentleman in me always wants to give a person the answers they desire. However, the narcissistic depressed borderline sociopath in me just doesn’t give a shit. Why should I bring up any issues that you don’t bring up? I agree with this dude by saying that the mark of a man is how he deals with conflict and criticism. I believe all humans are combat hardened, blooded Spartan warriors. We all go through shit and depending on how you handle the battle means everything. That doesn’t mean I’m going to start wars when they aren’t necessary. Different strokes for different folks, yo.
- He is direct: Whoa whoa whoa. What do you mean no mind games or manipulation? Gentlemen don’t play mind games? I thought gentlemen just win mind games and convince the other players they weren’t even part of a mind game. My mind is blown. Wait…is this a trick? Is he manipulating me to thinking this is what a gentleman does? I’m confused. And a little paranoid. James Bond and Don Draper do not approve!
- He will trust you: I agree with this. Despite my permanent dating record, I really try to not have trust issues. I’ve been taught this attitude and air/aura about me. I got it from my father. He has this attitude that he doesn’t need anyone in this world and it often comes off as condescending. I don’t mean it to be. However, I will never be jealous. It is just how I am hard wired. If you honestly feel that someone can give you what you need better than I can; well I would never come in between something like that. However, if you think that I am everything you want, then there is no reason for you to be talking to such plebeians. You see how that mindset works out? If you want to risk it with the peasants, good luck because the God won’t wait around for you to experiment. Is calling myself God a cocky thing to do? I don’t even know anymore. I’ve been listening to too much rap.
- He is cool, calm and collected: I like calm, cool and collected better. The other way sounds backwards. This one is all about jealousy and I just spoke about that. I think this should go beyond your girlfriend simply being hit on. A gentleman is always calm, cool and collected in any situation. Panic and anxiety are not in his vocabulary. Nervous? Nah, homie. Why would I be? I’m going to do my best and everything will work out exactly as it should. A gentleman is prepared and well-read. He studies and researches potential obstacles. He is a rock. When everything around him is on fire and the world is coming to an end, the gentleman is protecting puppies and escorting women out of harm’s way. He is a shoulder to cry on and a chivalrous protector of the weak.
- He will show you respect: This one is a tad obvious. A gentleman shows everyone respect because he knows you have to give it to get it. A gentleman doesn’t follow that 16 year-old motto “Trust no one” because then no one will trust him. You don’t just start out on a shit list. You have to earn your way to hell or the naughty list. A gentleman might get burned by someone, once…but never again.
- He will put effort into your relationship: This article is geared towards relationships and he says a gentleman will satisfy a woman inside and out of the bedroom because boys are just looking for one thing. I agree. Relationships are like plants. If you neglect them, they will die. You must water all parts of the plant for it to thrive and you must show attention to all aspects of a relationship for it to prosper. The garden of your life might be full of relationships. Family, friends, business contacts, sexual relationships. If you start neglecting any of those people, they will be angry with you or simply write you off. Balance is tricky but necessary.
- He will make you want to be the best version of yourself, without changing who you really are: I like this. A real man empowers those around him. He makes his friends and family want to be better people. He nurtures potential. He won’t ask you to change who you are but wants you to stop wasting the talent you have. He will become like a William Wallace in an Italian 3 piece suit. He doesn’t change who you are. Like the fibers of your being, those will remain in tact. He eliminates the negative while feeding into the positive. I tend to use manipulation and mind games, so I guess that wasn’t very gentlemanly of me. C’est la vie.
Great article. I liked reading this. I like when people are on the same page as me. I don’t like when people are more popular than me, so maybe I’ll find something of his to rip apart to make myself feel better. Otherwise, if you a dude take notes on how to be a gentleman. If you are a lady, take notes on what a gentleman actually is. If you are something in between or different, well I guess take pictures and post them to the internet and become famous for being a circus act. Good day.