Not much to set up on this article. Just a cute thing that someone on my Facebook feed found. The Thought Catalog (source) is a cute little website, apparently. I like their lay out and most of their subject matter. The most important thing to me is that they don’t have a slide show. I fucking hate that.
List after the jump:
This list is short and to the point, so I will be too. Some of this is retarded and I really don’t understand how men need this explained to them. Other things are strange to me. So without further adieu:
- Cat Calling is not attractive- I am against cat calling. I think it reeks of desperation and shame. I do feel like ladies should take it as a compliment, though. Do ugly girls get cat called? I’m not even sure. I don’t know any ugly chicks so if you know me and are reading this, consider yourself beautiful.On the other hand, I can see how it can be taken as rude and annoying. Girls who are amazing looking probably get cat called often and that would definitely be aggravating.
- Sexism definitely exists in the workplace- I don’t know if this exists. I tend to doubt it, but I have never worked with women. I was a union guy in a past life and worked with my hands, no women worked where I worked.The examples given make me angry. Of course the girl isn’t going to be invited out for after hours drinks, that is when the messiness will happen and someone gets sued. Guys just want to drink and have fun and possibly get laid, not get told they’re sexist pigs for hitting on you because you think deals are closed at bars.However, women do not see the opposite going on. If a woman scores the same as a white male on a test they will be chosen 10 times out of 10 for that job. Sometimes, women get jobs solely based on appearance which would be awesome for me and I wish that happened to males. So, I guess you need to take the good with the bad, females. If you consider the top example sexist then I hope you complain about the next job you get because the buttons on your shirt give a little view because you have huge tits.
- We are always under pressure to be pretty- “Pretty” is a subjective word based on perspective. Pretty to a woman is not always pretty to a man. I find women at their best when they are at the beach with no make up and a tan. I like when girls are at the gym in their yoga pants and a hoodie. Going out in “full scuzz mode” is never attractive. For anyone. There’s a different between natural and scuzzo. Some brushing of the teeth and hair, for starters, makes a world of a difference. You don’t have to do make up for 2 hours and hair for another 3, but take care of yourself. I know I do, even if I’m going out in comfy clothes, I still try to look nice in them. No one ever should go out like a trash bag.Also, this is hypocrite statement number 1 because if a woman’s worth is directly derived from how they look and they go out in “full scuzz mode” what I am hearing is that they are upset that they aren’t being cat called or given thing because of their looks. Is that accurate? Or is she just complaining about not getting compliments while dressed as a scuzzo? It completely contradicts what I previously explained.
- Constantly smiling is not a natural state- Being upset because people tell you to smile seems dumb but again, this is like cat calling. Random street creatures coming up to women who look mad about something and telling them to smile would definitely get on my nerves if I was a woman. Or if it ever happened to me as a man, I would punch that person. However on the other side of the coin, maybe you should take off that bitch face and just look normal. I’m kidding and also dismissing this as feeble pick up attempts of men trying to get in that girl’s panties. So to me, not a big deal.
- We will always be on a double standard for sexuality- I’m always confused at this. On one hand, I definitely believe in equality but when I hear a woman arguing how there is a double standard of sexuality in society all I hear is “I want to be a slut but I don’t want people to call me one.” I understand that women should be able to have no strings attached sex, but for years and years this wasn’t ladylike. You can’t have a parade because you just slept with your 100th man the same way that guys get made fun of for showing vulnerability. It’s just what everyone is used to. Plus, girls are much more apt to get an STD or pregnant than men so there are actually reasons why girls shouldn’t sleep around. Those are just statistics. You know, those things that baseball players use and girls ignore.
- If we don’t orgasm, it’s not to spite you- In one breath, I’m hearing that guys orgasm in 2.5 minutes from boring thrusting. In the next breath I’m hearing that girls have to fake it? Isn’t a fake orgasm designed to stop sex that is boring and going on way too long? Whatever.This is an annoying one because this is a girl complaining about a guy who gave it his all and couldn’t get her off. Then, when he was finished and found out that she didn’t orgasm he gets upset and wants to know how he can make the next time better. How can she be complaining about this? What if he didn’t ask? What if he didn’t care? What if he just put on his jeans and left your stupid bedroom and never called again while his unborn children spills down your leg? Is that more satisfying than the few minutes it takes to tell a man who it isn’t his fault or whatever those girls say when they don’t orgasm?
I don’t know about this stuff. It’s foreign to me. I really don’t get complaints and if I do, I sure as hell don’t apologize. I guess those are the boys with validation issues from mommy.
- We don’t actually want special treatment- So now this is where I draw the line. You want special treatment in bed so you can orgasm because you don’t like the sex we like, you want equality in the work place to be paid the same as any male yet if it comes to physical tasks like being a fireman you cannot handle the job of carrying 180 lbs man out of a burning building, you want men to stop complimenting you when you look beautiful and start complimenting you when you’re in “full on scuzz” mode. You want to be able to have no strings attached sex and not be judged for it even though man-whores are judged for it just as bad. Lastly, you want people to stop telling you to smile. Is that all? Is there anything else that you ladies wish to change? Anything at all?